Thursday, May 22, 2008

What it is to me?

For years I have labeled myself, agnostic. Not because it was a wholy accurate description, but because it was close enough.

Even my dog tags list my religion as agnostic.

The more I searched, the more I realized I was not agnostic. I was, in fact, gnostic without even knowing.

Being gnostic is not easy in a judeo-christian world. Then again, being a lesbian in a heterosexual world, is not easy either. I wouldn't change one, why change the other.

I have always felt called to religion. Religious study, investigation, and exploration.

So, what is gnosticism to me? What makes it different from any other religion I have learned about?

It is a religious sect under which one can unite all the great spiritual and religious paths without having to choose. It is the path of knowledge. What is more powerful than knowledge?

No comments: